Friday 4 March 2011

Memories of home


So, our adventure with Khubaib may have been over but our Islamabad adventure was not. That night we were picked up by some relatives in Islamabad and we spent the next day making rounds of the city visiting the family we have there, and there are many of them. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and although the city has changed a lot, there are many places which struck a chord in my memory. The fact that much of the family remained in the same houses I remember from childhood was a big plus.

It was so good to see family I hadn’t seen for years, many of them since I was about 7 years old. See how things had changed and how many things had stayed the same. It was amazing how much I remembered. I loved it!

I was also able to visit one of my mother’s best friends and her family. My sister and her elder daughter had been best friends in childhood, as had I and her younger daughter and it was incredible to see them all again. They also (Bless them!) took me to see our old house, which looked almost exactly the same except for an exterior wall that had been added. So many memories and too little time!

My time in Islamabad was full of so much joy and love. Even if the time spent with family there was short, I loved every minute. Insha’Allah, next time I can come for a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment