Saturday 16 July 2011

Philippines Adventure

So, at this point I am not going to write a very long blog about my 2 months spent in the Philippines. They were spent on the south island of Mindanao that has a history of conflict (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindanao). All I can tell you is that I worked with an incredible local NGO doing some amazing work. It is called MuCAARD- the Muslim Christian Agency for Advocacy Relief and Development- and they work on sustainable development projects hoping to bring about a culture of peace and dialogue between communities.
I helped with project write-ups and evaluations, funding proposals and general editing. I also had the chance to help on some emergency flood relief work and go out and observe some of the community development projects they have going. The project visits were incredible and I think some of my story is best told in pictures so I am just going to upload some of those...... a Photo essay so to say.
My trip was absolutely awesome and i have to thank all those that looked after me and helped me learn so much. You opened my eyes to a whole new world. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment